Auckland Orienteering Series
Orienteering in Woodhill Forest - an area with awesome intricate sand dune terrain in a open pine forest. Superb orienteering maps.
- Orienteering - on Foot - you choose your pace. Usually as individuals but groups can go together.
- Orienteering in Woodhill Forest with complex sand dune detail.
- All welcome (and you don't need to be a member to get started)
- Select from a range of 9 courses of varying length and difficulty. Suitable for all ages, levels, and beginners. Some children need to be accompanied by adult.
- You may start any time between 10am to 12:30pm. If you would like do do more than one course - please ensure you restart before 12:30pm
- Courses close: 2:30pm unless otherwise stated. Please plan and ensure you return to the finish by course closure time.
- Short free string course for youngsters.
- Read event information on display at registration
- Help and getting started advice available at registration. Please ask.
- Bring your own food/water. (Occasionally, individuals providing supplemental fundraising snacks may be available).
- Orienteering is Smoke Free. Absolutely NO smoking at event or anywhere in forest (including inside car or middle of road).
- Compass recommended (limited free hire available).
- Carrying a whistle recommended. (Whistles available for purchase $2) The recognised distress signal is 6 blasts on whistle. Do not play with whistle as anyone hearing it will abandon their course to try and find you or report to registration.
- SPORTident timing in use. (Hire available $3ea or buy your own $50)
- Important: All participants must punch the finish and download SPORTident card even if they decide not to finish the course.
- Forest Events in Woodhill are sign-posted from Waimauku on SH16.
- Forest security gate opens by 9:00am. Stop at gate to talk to security.
- Please drive with "lights on" in forest and stay on signed route. No detour from signed route permitted.
- Entry on the day
- Members Adult $20 / Junior $10 / Family $40
- Non members Adult $30 / Junior $15 / Family $60
- SPORTident hire $3 each.